We have relocated our website! You will be redirected shortly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Click here for Directions to our Club!

(Continue reading...)

To know who we are, contact us, click here.

Saturday 4 July 2015

Introducing Vice President, Membership - II: Zhuo Shuzhen


Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce to you today a toastmaster who is dedication personified. She calls herself “The Passionate Toastmaster” and with her actions inspires one and all to put twice the effort in self-improvement as well as for the improvement of Tampines Changkat Toastmasters Club.
 Zhuo Shuzhen is a toastmaster famous for delivering emotionally charged speeches and is infamous for inducing tears in the eyes of her audience. Her bright nature combined with her genuine personality makes interaction with her a very warm experience. It is therefore understood that there is no one better than she is at making newer members feel at home, for that is what Tampines Changkat Toastmasters is to its members – a second home!
 A seasoned and veteran toastmaster, Shuzhen has taken up the role of Vice President Membership – II in Tampines Changkat Toastmasters Club. With over seven years of toastmasters experience under her belt, including prior executive committee responsibilities in other clubs, Zhuo Shuzhen is certain to take her role to the next level with our club.
 Shuzhen is a Financial Services Consultant with AIA and dedicates her free time to both Tampines Changkat Toastmasters Club as well as AIA Toastmasters Club. In addition, Shuzhen also loves jogging, playing basketball, singing, listening to music, dancing, watching drama as well as movies.

 Presented below are Shuzhen's reason, motivation and vision behind joining the Executive Committee:
 Why join the Executive Committee:
 I like to be of service to people. I gained tremendous satisfaction by serving people in every community I have been in, from serving my netball team as captain in my school days to currently serving my church as an usher and serving my other club, AIA Toastmasters Club for the past seven years. After joining Tampines Changkat Toastmasters Club, I realized that this is a place I like to call home, with many members who I call sisters and brothers. It is a place where I have received overflowing warmth and love, so much so that I want to provide the same experience to other new members who join the club. This is the reason why I have decided to accept the role of Vice President Membership - II. I serve because I want to and I serve out of love.
 
What do you intend to gain from your role
 Even though I have been serving in AIA Toastmasters Club in various positions for the last seven years, I believe that there are still many leadership skills and learning lessons that I can take home serving in the Executive Committee, such as how to work with others, how to delegate duties and how to learn to trust and empower others.
 
How do you plan to help the club through your role?
 As Vice President Membership - II, I shall work closely with Vice President Membership - I to create a conducive, homely and safe environment for our members to learn and grow. I believe in creating a family like club culture through bonding activities, in having personal interaction with members and in involving more members so that together we can grow as a club. I want to build the club not just in terms of quantity but more importantly to build a club of quality with members who are eager for growth, who are proactive in learning and who take responsibility and initiative in their Toastmasters journey.

 Any other thought you want to convey? I believe that every member should have a sense of ownership towards the club. Some get their sense of ownership through serving in the Executive Committee, but the truth is everyone can contribute to the club whether they are in the committee or not. I hope in that the new term we see more members stepping up to serve the club because the club is YOURS too. Let us continue to fly Tampines Changkat Toastmaster Club's flag.
  Ladies and gentlemen, keep following this page for more information on the rest of the Executive Committee, 2015-16 in the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment